Unleashing Genius: A book review





Book title: Unleashing  Genius
What about? :  A book on learning Miracles
For : Children of all ages & adults of all disciplines
Author: Dilip Mukerjea
Publisher: Westland

For a reader each book has something to teach. If our mind is open to reading what the author has written between the lines, a book of fiction can also be a learning experience. However here is a book which is an out and out personality development course. ‘Unleashing Genius’ completely reminds me of the summer camp my mum had enrolled me for, in my school days. What a world of a change it had brought in me. My perception and outlook had changed completely. For ages I’ve been wondering why I didn’t keep those course papers of that personality development camp, safely. They had disappeared into oblivion and I was wishing I could lay my hands back on them once again, somehow, miraculously.  And Voila! I have found a far more superior complete book on learning miracles- Unleashing Genius.
Being a completely illustrated book, thankfully, it is immediately set apart from the other mundane self-development books. The not-so-serious personality that it has been given , makes this book possibly the only fat book parents will be able to gift their children without making them feel like it’s yet another task coming their way.
There is no literary genius applied to the language so it is very easy for a non-reader to also follow the simple exercises for the brain.
 “Welcome! We have entered The Century of The Brain!” announces Pg. 29 and isn’t it true? In this highly competitive world, smarter you are better chances of survival you got. A little bit of slack and you are making spaces for another to overtake you!
 A series of memory tests and exercises give you insights into how easily one can improve memory capacities through logic. I had fun doing one exercise after another and couldn’t believe that I found the book un-put-downable! Did I need the book at this age, you ask? Ofcourse, I did. My hubby keeps complaining that I’m getting increasingly forgetful nowadays but I’m sure keeping in mind the simple lessons I’ve learnt from ‘Unleashing Genius’  I will be surfing that problem real soon.
Mnemosyne- the Greek Goddess of Memory has definitely blessed this book because there are some concepts in this book which are most definitely unforgettable. Mind Mapping is a complete revelation. Need to give your brain a jog? Try Mind Mapping. I remember back in my copywriting days, I needed to ideate and quick! It was then that I felt brainstorming was the need of the day to crack the brief and dish out a unique Ad’ Campaign’ concept. And for that I had to have more than one brain working there.  Had I come across Mind Mapping before, I would have known I was wracking enough brain myself, to come up with a solution on my own.
Reading Dynamics is another brilliant section in this book that school going children can benefit from- well laid out strategies to develop reading skills, ways to extract meaning from a passage that you have just read and extremely useful tips.   
If you are really looking for flaws then I would say the JOKES section is quite a waste of precious print. I would skip right over that to the ‘Braintertainment’ section. A good Quiz, some witty puzzles and I am nearly at the end of unleashing my genius.  Thankfully the solutions are also close at hand. ;)  :D
What I liked the best was even the back cover had some tidbits to offer.
Take a look at the CATSEYE :
Curiosity:
Alacrity
Timing
Senses
Errors
Yippee!
Excellence
This is a smartly written acrostic that sums up the book with the 7 letter pointer to keeping on learning, improving and unleashing your genius. 


This review is a part of the Book Reviews Program at BlogAdda.com. Participate now to get free books!

Comments

Neeraj Kumar said…
wonderful and enlightening post!
Morning said…
amazing post, hope all is well.
Morning said…
http://gooseberrygoespoetic.blogspot.com/2011/12/poetry-picnic-week-16-my-life-in-free.html


Happy Birthday.

we have your date stated in our poetry picnic post,

link in a random poem to share if you could.

bless you.

keep up the excellence.
Sid said…
where to download it..plz give me links
Haricharanpudipeddi said…
Wonderfull written. Liked the way you've handled the review
Manohar Singh Aakeli'B' said…
I like your article, I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I am happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need develop more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. Buy designer lehenga
Daily Cricketnet said…
Couldn’t be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old roommate! He always kept talking about this. I will ahead this report to him. Pretty confident he will have a very good study. Thanks for sharing!

Cardsharing Server

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me A Story- Book Review

Escape

Yakshini: Book Review